Whether training is your job or is something you do occasionally, this very practical Training of Trainers will build on your existing skills and increase your confidence to train any audience. The TOT engages participants in a comprehensive, multi-day distributive learning process that builds the knowledge and skills required to effectively train educators to deliver.
At the end of course participants should be able to:
· Learn the basics of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology;
· Gain a foundation in carrying out Training Needs Analysis; developing learning objectives and evaluating the impact of training initiatives;
· Learn and apply effective training/facilitation techniques for managing participants, engaging a variety of learning styles and creating an effective positive learning environment;
· Manage training/facilitation challenges;
· Obtain certain tools/techniques to assist with training and delivery.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets trainers in the field of training needing to further develop their competences, in order to support their personal and professional development as trainers. Target audience are Faculty members of Training Institutions, Trainers and Training Staff from, in-house centres, Institutions and individuals interested in training and consultancy.
Concepts of adult learning
· Adult Learning Cycle
· Principles / notions of adult learning
· The role of a trainer
Delivering a training course
· How to start a course
· Reasons and rules for “morning recap”
Delivering a training course (cont.)
· Course Methods, Techniques and Tools
· Facilitating discussions
· Dealing with difficult situations
· Conducting end of course evaluation
· Practical exercises: Preparing and delivering a session
Designing a training course
· Practical exercises: Preparing and delivering a session (continued)
Supporting transfer and integration
· A coaching approach: training / mentoring / coaching
· Challenges and opportunities of transferring and embedding learning
· Tools, techniques and skills for supporting trainees
· Basic coaching model
· Practicing the model
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com
|05/06/2023 - 09/06/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|03/07/2023 - 07/07/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|07/08/2023 - 11/08/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class
|04/09/2023 - 08/09/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|02/10/2023 - 06/10/2023||$||Physical Class
|06/11/2023 - 10/11/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class