Workshop On Planning And Managing Pr Campaigns
course is a must for any organization aiming to employ Public Relations
Campaigns as part of their business operation. Sustained public relations
campaigns can help drive strategic organizational change, build public
perceptions and drive reputation with key stakeholders. Well planned and
executed campaigns are a cost-effective means of changing perceptions and
increasing stakeholder value for an organization.
powerful program will make a problem-solving approach to the design of PR
campaigns. By closely fitting the campaign to core business priorities as well
as project objectives campaign design reinforces key messages and
organizational strategy. Participants will develop the skills to design, plan,
cost, deliver and evaluate campaigns using the full range of PR media and
channels. Case study examples in print will be used throughout. Action planning
for the workplace to put ideas into action is a strong feature of the program.
will develop the skills to design, plan, cost, deliver and evaluate campaigns
using the full range of PR media and channels.
attending this program, participants will learn about:
- Plan and set precise objectives
to campaign activities
- Build a template for planning
and managing campaigns
- Recognize the importance of
research and carry out research for campaign planning and evaluation
- Manage resources - people,
material and financial resources - to achieve campaign objectives
- Use aids to campaign planning
and to evaluate campaign effectiveness.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
program has been designed for PR practitioners/professionals and for senior
professionals elsewhere in the organization who want to use PR/communications
tools to best effect in meeting business objectives.
course is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of
PR Campaigns for their organization but is relatively new to the concepts and
practicalities of this facet of corporate communications.
and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of campaigns or
oversight of specialist sub-contractors
operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role
includes PR Campaigns
managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of
Public Relations in Business
- An overview of the scope and role of Public
Relations in an organization
- The importance of reputation management
- The role of the brand
- The PR Transfer Process and communications theory
- Definitions of campaigns
- The Six Point PR Plan framework for campaigns
- Assessing your PR situation
Setting Campaign Objectives and
- Setting Objectives to meet your business needs
- Translating objectives into practical campaign
- Identifying your public
- Assessing what your stakeholders think of you
- Learning their language
- Applying creativity to messaging
- The importance of third-party endorsement
Choosing the Right Media – Mass
- Features and facets of newspapers, magazines, TV
- Keeping your objectives in mind
- Choosing the right titles for the right audience
- Mass media news generation and management
- Is it a media story – what’s in it for them?
- Invitations and press releases
- Conducting interviews and briefing interviewees
- Managing to film
Choosing the Right Media –
Other Campaign Media
- Involving your “in-house” media
- Corporate video
- The role of corporate web sites
- Social media in campaigns
- Events as part of campaigns
- Using VIPs or celebrities
- Direct face to face communication
Budgets and Evaluation
- Costing a campaign
- Evaluating campaigns
- Crisis management and contingencies
- The in house PR Team – Staffing, setting up and
- Buying in help – what to look for in a
consultancy and how to get the best from them
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have
vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice.
The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works
and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are
provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will
be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet
organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI
· The training fee covers
tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and
airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of
training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org