The CFO Leadership Program is designed to develop the leadership and wider business expertise required of today’s and tomorrows high-performing CFOs. Finance Directors frequently progress from being a controller and a good accountant or treasurer into a new role where they are expected to participate in developing strategy, manage a group and exercise leadership as well as keeping on top of the numbers. The CFO Leadership Program has been designed by a former Finance Director with global responsibility as well as considerable management development expertise for Finance Directors and aspiring Finance Directors to address those issues that move from technical expertise to the less structured issues of strategic development as well as leadership. A key aspect is the use of two professional psychometric tools which allow participants to understand their leadership style and how to understand the preferences of their teams and senior colleagues.
A range of strategic models are introduced, using a number of cases and then supported by debate using the real-life experience of those on the course. You will understand how to choose performance measures and communicate them to non-financial colleagues to guide your organization in a transformation program that creates value through the alignment of finance capabilities with corporate strategy.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of finance directors and senior financial executives looking to become Finance Directors who will often have had a technical background as controllers, treasurers or other professional disciplines who are looking to understand the wider business and leadership context with a need to influence their organization and move it forward. Yes CFOs are also leaders and need to understand their own leadership style and how they can be most effective. The course will develop strategic understanding and awareness as well as exploring how Finance Directors can influence and lead the business whilst maintaining the key aspects of financial reporting and control.
The CFO as a Leader – Setting the Parameters
The Evolving CFO
The program begins with participants introducing themselves, their expectations and objectives. Focused on the individual participant, this initial session will explore:
Setting the Scene – What does the Modern CFO Do and how do you Spend your Time?
Exploring the issues that CFOs face during a time of change
Setting Financial Objectives– Key Financial Issues
Choosing Financial Measures
Behavioral Finance and Personal Bias
The Strategic Context – What are the Organization’s Objectives?
Introduction to Strategy
Designing and Implementing Strategy
Designing Strategy – Strategy from the Outside
Applying the tools of competitive strategy to an industry
Designing Strategy – Strategy from the Inside
Linking Financial Objectives to Organizational Strategy
Public Share Markets and Share Prices
Personal Style: Understanding Yourself
Personal Style and Managing Others
Personal Style, Leadership and Culture
The Transformational CFO
Building and Leading a High-Performing Finance Team
The CFO as a Leader and Business Partner
Leading through Successful Change
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com
|05/06/2023 - 09/06/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|03/07/2023 - 07/07/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|07/08/2023 - 11/08/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class
|04/09/2023 - 08/09/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|02/10/2023 - 06/10/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|06/11/2023 - 10/11/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class