Seminar On High Performance Leadership: Best Practice Techniques For The C-suite
course has been designed with talented executives in mind who now find
themselves in significant leadership roles and want to become exceptional
leaders who are equally at ease with the ‘hard’ business issues and the ‘soft’
people skills. It is delivered by two highly experienced instructors who have
taught in world-class business schools and held leadership roles themselves in
the commercial world.
By the end of the course,
participants should be able to:
Connect with their inner strength by knowing what kind of
leader they are and how to leverage their value
Speak to inspire and motivate others
Recognize political activity and know how to deal with it
Be comfortable with their power and authority as a leader
Handle conflict situations with skill and diplomacy
Can lead transformational change within the company and in
Create a vision and develop a mission and strategic plans
to fulfil the organization’s purpose
Understand what drives financial performance and
Use analytical tools to design and build a strategy
Link strategy with corporate governance
Embed an ethical framework into the organization’s culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Leadership Challenge
Welcome and Introduction
- Meet your new colleagues for the week
- Share learning objectives
- Expectations of organisations and society
- Share Your Leadership Challenge
The Role of Feedback for
- Most leaders complain of not getting enough feedback
- this week you’re going to get lots!
- Why does it matter?
- How to get feedback
- How to give feedback
Leadership in a VUCA World
We live in an unstable world characterized by Volatility,
Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity.
How does the conventional leadership paradigm need to
adapt to be effective in the face of disruptive exponential change driven by
technology, demographics and globalization?
Your Leadership Style
Questionnaire Analysis and in-depth discussions on your leadership profile
completed on-line on three different profiles before the course. We will
examine your results and identify how you can use them to become a powerful and
authentic leader within your organisation.
- Which leadership behaviours come naturally to you?
- Who do you need on your team?
- How does your style impact your relationships?
- How could your style create leadership problems for
Listening for Leaders
- The secret ingredient for building loyalty and
- Listening beyond the words
- Group exercise
- Live Issues from the Workplace
- Sharing personal mini ‘case studies’ on issues of
The Leadership Context
Introduction to Strategy and the
- Where does strategy come from?
- What’s the purpose of your organisation?
- Who matters to the organisation?
Managing the environment
- Identifying stakeholders
- Understanding and prioritising stakeholders – and
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Case Study
Statements of vision and mission
- Corporate values
- Establishing objectives
- We review your own organizational statements
- The Power of Organisational Culture
What is culture?
- Different Types of Organisational Culture
- Benign and toxic cultures
- The leader’s role in making and breaking organizational
- Culture Web Exercise: Analyze your existing culture
and identify where change is needed to reach your desired culture.
Leading Employee Engagement
Creating a ‘great place to work’ to support and empower
your people to get great results.
Nurturing a pipeline of
Developing a network of
leaders at every level
Working collaboratively and
Building High Performance Teams
practical model that empowers and motivates team member to become self-managing
Developing & Destroying Trust & Reputation
- Personal relationships
- Employee - Organisation relationships
- Customer - Organisation relationships
- Society - Organisation relationships
Strengthening Your Psychological Capital
Strategies for influence
Managing your personal power
The yin and yang of
Flexing your leadership style
for effective, credible communication
Exercise: Stakeholder Mapping
Handling Difficult People and Difficult Situations
Adopt the secrets of the
Have ‘stage’ presence
Make the most of your voice
Use body language
Find your passion
Exercise: Inspirational Speaking: you will learn how to write
and deliver an inspirational speech with the opportunity to try it out and
receive feedback and coaching.
Leading into the Future
The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Innovation and Opportunity
- Passion and Persuasion
- Risk Taking and Ownership
Leading Transformational Change
Case Study: NYPD
The nature of change
Why people resist change
The steps to successful organizational change
- Making change stick
- Maintaining commitment
- Leaving a living legacy
- Have ‘stage’ presence
- Make the most of your voice
- Use your body language
- Find your passion
- Overcome your nerves
Deliver a 5-minute presentation, prepared earlier and
receive sensational applause!
Preparing to Return to the Workplace
The aim is to consolidate your learning on how to:
- Apply new insights to your Leadership Challenge
- Plan the next steps
- Get a reality check from a colleague
- Commit to action
Compile Your Personal Leadership Development Plans
- Identify the critical areas of your leadership that
you can strengthen and build upon
- Consider how to build new behaviours into your work
- Recognize the supporters that you have as a leader
and how you can develop those relationships
- Commit to the single most inspiring and energizing
insight that you have had this week that will take your leadership to a
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have
vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice.
The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works
and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are
provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will
be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet
organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI
· The training fee covers
tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and
airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of
training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com