Workshop On Project Management For Development Professionals
Workshop On Project Management for Development Professionals
Development organizations manage their work through projects. These projects are aimed at helping to solve problems affecting the beneficiary communities. Change in the well-being of these communities depends on the ability of development organizations to deliver project results effectively and efficiently.
This course aims to improve professionals’ project management capacity within the context of the development sector. The participants will be equipped with contextualized, balanced, comprehensive, and adaptable skills to help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of projects in the development sector.
This course targets development professionals who work in projects, individuals who are new to project management and development sector and those professionals who want to grow their careers in project management.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand project life cycle in the context of development projects
- Design an effective project focused on the needs of the beneficiaries
- Understand contextual issues in project management that are unique in development sector
- Apply different tools, techniques and processes in project management
- Direct and coordinate project team to execute a development project successfully
Introduction to Project Management
- What is a project?
- What is Project Management?
- The triple constraint triangle
- Project Managers role and competency areas
- Project lifecycle
Identification and Design Phase
- Context Analysis
- Needs Analysis
- Problem and Objective Analysis
- Project Intervention Logic
- Theory of Change
- Project Design using Logical Framework
- Stakeholder Analysis
The Set Up and Planning Phase
- Stakeholder Management Plan
- Project Implementation Plan
- Project Management and Governance Structure
- Risk Management Plan
- M&E Plan
- Project Financial Plan
- Launching the Project
- Managing Project Implementation
- RACI Matrix
- Project Tracking and Adjustment
- Managing Issues and Risks
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- M&E processes in project phases
- Change and schedule control
- Data Collection for Monitoring
- Progress Reporting in Project Management
- Project Evaluation
End - of - Project Transition Phase
- Types of Transitions
- Planning for closure
- Administrative and Financial Closure
- Project Learning
Project Management Disciplines
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Justification Management
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue.
- Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org