Training On Grants Management
Most of the development projects are financed through grants from donors. It is the responsibility of the project management team to ensure that the limited resources are used optimally and efficiently to achieve maximum impact. Training on grants management is designed to equip the participants with best practices and essential skills in effective grants management.
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- Handle pre-award activities that will set your program on the right track
- Oversee post-award start-up, operation, and closeout duties
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements
- Address the critical aspects of managing grant finances
- Effectively report grants management progress to stakeholders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Training on grants management is designed for grants management officers/managers, financial managers and the project managers of donor funded projects.
Introduction to Grants Management
- What is grants management?
- Grants management and project development
- Key grants-related terminologies
Overview of Project Award Types
- Cooperative Agreements
Types of Grants
- Pre-Award activities
- Proposal Submission
- Award of Grant
- Post-Award activities
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Close out
Elements of Grants Application
- Grants Preparation and Planning
- Developing Goals, and Objectives
- Finalizing and Submitting Grants Application
- Introduction to Grants Budgeting
- Grants Budget Elements
- Budget Development
- Budget Management
Accounting Essentials for Grant
- Accounting multiple grants/ awards
- Tracking of matching funds
- Accounting for in-kind contributions
- Developing account code structure
- Financial and procurement rules
- Contractual agreement
- Donor compliance
- Legislative compliance
- Accounting Standards and Practices
- Community and cultural Compliance
- Contract assessment
- Contract negotiation
- Contract management
Internal Control in Grants Management
- Control environment
- Risk assessment
- Control activities
- Information and communication
- Monitoring activities
Training on Grants Management is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this training on grants management course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.