Agriculture, Innovation And Technology Training
leads to the rise and fall of many livelihoods in the world. Facilitating the
connection between the smallholders to knowledge, institutions and networks to
better productivity, employment and food security is a big challenge. Despite
the discovery of Information and Communication technology some rural areas
still find it difficult to connect with other individuals from urban cities.
The lack of networking is attributed to lack of commitment, resources and
course aims to train its participants on the utilization of ICT in agriculture. This course is a guide to the understanding of modern trends, implementation
and evaluation of impacts to agricultural programs.
By the end of this
course the participants will be able to:
- Obtain skills on ICT implementation in agriculture
- Lean the importance of integration of ICT in
- Identify current ICT trends in relation to agriculture
- Develop, utilize, and evaluate components of ICT of
- Create partnerships between public and private sectors
to encourage the use of ICT in agriculture
- Identify ICT importance in farm production, management
of inventory, marketing and extension services
- Identify gender skills in development of ICT in
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course target professions in the agricultural extension
sector including decision makers. it also targets financial institutions,
governments, research institutions, and NGOs, dedicated to supporting
agricultural activities among developmental programmes.
- Introduction to ICT in development of agriculture
- Accessibility and Affordability of ICT in rural areas
- Technologies affecting agriculture and rural
- Gender and ICT agricultural development
- Farm production through ICT
- ICTs as enablers of agricultural innovation systems
- Financial services through ICT for smallholders
- ICT application use in agricultural organizations
- Agricultural extension through ICT
- ICT and marketing agriculture
- Agricultural risk management using ICT applications
- Role of ICT in improving food security
- Role of ICT in the inclusion of smallholders in
agricultural supply chain
- Role of ICT in promoting rural governance,
participation by citizens and organizations in agriculture
- Administration and management of land through ICT
- ICT an inventory management
Application of GIS an RS in agriculture
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have
vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice.
The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works
and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are
provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will
be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet
organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials,
lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for
our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of
training and proof of payment sent to: