Population growth, expansion into previously uninhabited areas and environmental degradation have all increased the exposure of most countries to natural hazards including cyclonic storms, floods, and famine, while exposure to hazards such as earthquakes and tsunamis is ever-present in many regions of the world.
According to the WHO Global Health Survey, the most common types of emergencies in surveyed countries were caused by floods, earthquakes, and severe storms, including snowstorms.
More than half of the respondents did not recognize the near-universal exposure of human populations to technological hazards in the 21st century. This suggests a need to adopt an “all hazards” approach to national health emergency preparedness and response policies and programs, utilizing generic arrangements that are suitable for any type of emergency or disaster, given the diverse nature of the reported natural hazards experienced in the last.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Understand capacity of the health care team
· Understand health care of children up to 12, with special focus on children under 5 years of age, in disaster situations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The focus of the training will be on training health care personnel (general pediatricians, family and general medicine physicians, other health care professionals – nurses, psychologists, paramedics, technicians, health assistants, nutritionists, social workers and support personnel).
Module 2: Basic Concepts in disaster management
Module 3: Disaster Impact
Module 4 – Immediate response
Module 5: Trauma and injury
Module 6: Communicable diseases
Module 7: Mental health
Module 8: Nutrition
Module 9: Neonatal care
Module 10: Children with special needs
Module 11: Recovery
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|05/06/2023 - 09/06/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|03/07/2023 - 07/07/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|07/08/2023 - 11/08/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class
|04/09/2023 - 08/09/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|02/10/2023 - 06/10/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|06/11/2023 - 10/11/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class