Communicating for advocacy is an important aspect of an organization’s work. Unfortunately, the concept has remained ‘abstract and complicated’ in the minds of many people working within the development sector. Many have expressed the need to have a clearer understanding of what advocacy is and how it might support the work of NGOs and CBOs. This training is delivered to support participants’ understanding of advocacy, with a focus on the importance of communication, as well as providing practical assistance on how to actually undertake advocacy work. The training is about communicating for advocacy. Participants receive skills to influence people and institutions in power to create an environment which protects the rights, health and welfare of everyone, particularly the poor and most vulnerable.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This can be used with either one individual NGO/CBO or a group of NGOs/CBOs. For some sections, it may be more valuable for participants to work with colleagues from their own organization. This is because some sections address the relationship between specific advocacy work and the organization carrying out the work. The course can be tailored to suit particular not for profit sectors e.g. community groups, larger charities, NGOs, and faith based organizations.
Communication in organizations
Advocacy, marketing and promotion
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com
|05/06/2023 - 09/06/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|03/07/2023 - 07/07/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|07/08/2023 - 11/08/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class
|04/09/2023 - 08/09/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|02/10/2023 - 06/10/2023||$2950||Kigali||Physical Class
|06/11/2023 - 10/11/2023||$1500||Mombasa||Physical Class
|04/12/2023 - 08/12/2023||$1350||Nairobi||Physical Class